Sunday, January 28, 2007


the problem with mangoes is that they smell wonderful. their skin is so tantalizing, and their flesh cries out to be bitten. in fact, it's hard to take only one mouthful...

however for a specific group of people, eating mangoes can cause an interesting allergic reaction. and here's a random link about that.

the problem is that even if the person who is allergic stops eating the now-forbidden fruit, the memory remains. the mouth-watering memory that sometimes defies logic; the person might sit down and enjoy the mango, with his/her favorite brand of anti-histamine + emergency contact number at his/her side. no i'm not even joking, i promise you.

it isn't sane, but it happens. and not just with fruit either. where did i put my benadryl...


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home